Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hello World

There was a time when I was perfectly content to stay within the comfort of my mum's arms - free of worry, full of comfort, and surrounded by her warmth. There was a time when I was perfectly content to sit on my daddy's shoulders and view everything from up there - safe from the monsters under my bed, the insults of mean girls, and the reality that life can be messy.

And then I grew up. The dolls and stuffed animals were shelved, sitting there like benched team players, temporarily forgotten in the midst of new circumstances: high school, a cell phone, boys, spats with best friends etc. As I approached freshman-hood I no longer wanted to settle for the cozy confines of the nest I'd grown up in. I wanted to embrace being a teenager and experience the world for myself.

But as I prepare for my last year of high school (tear) I realize that I don't particularly like most of the world that I've experienced. As someone who is developing a relationship with her creator, learning how to love like He loves, I cringe at the selfishness, the greed, the lust, and the hatred that fills the atmosphere around me.

So I've made the decision to join the 21st century in this new fan-dangled thing called blogging as a way of reflecting on who I am, what I'm learning, and who I want to be. I'm blogging in order to share my thoughts and opinions, and I'm blogging because there's something everyone should understand - that the key to a life full of wonder and satisfaction is in loving, "...the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." ~Mathew 22:37 If our world could get that...wow what a place it would be. So hi world wide web. Prepare for the heartfelt ramblings of Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment