Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wednesday Woes

College. Homework. Relationships. Gah.
I'm not the only one, I know that. And it's part of growing up, I know that too. But it's all been overwhelming me profusely lately. To the point where I sat down tonight and vented. I vented to the wonderful listener that is Jesus and felt so much better. And there was one verse that kept coming to mind, "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father's care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." ~Matthew 10:29-31

I've been living in a bubble-surprising for a 16 year old, I know.
That verse hit me though, woke me up to the world all around me. His plan is so far beyond me. His care trickles down through every little facet of life, all the way down to the sparrows. A tiny bird, going about her business each day, but completely reliant upon a mighty God for her next breath. We just don't think like that. But if that God has His hand upon the birds, guiding them through every day, then how much deeper is the compassion and care he has for my life? He himself says that I am worth more. And those words are ones that I will store up in this heart and remember always - because I am worth more. We all are. The trivial matters of today won't matter come tomorrow. And should there be things going on in our lives that are important, that will alter tomorrow, He'll be right there beside us, guiding our flight and making sure we land safely.

And that's a reason to smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment